The Australian Diamond Grading Laboratory (ADGL) is an independent Australian grading laboratory offering accurate and timely diamond grading and certification services.
- The Australian Diamond Grading Laboratory (ADGL) is primarily a trade only laboratory established to support jewellery retailers through the provision of an accurate and timely diamond grading service. The labarotory is also open to the public should they wish to have their personal diamonds certified.
- PLEASE NOTE ALL STONES SUBMITTED TO THE LABORATORY MUST BE LOOSE.
- The laboratory features some of the most advanced diamond grading technology in the world. We are proud to operate equipment produced by Ogi Systems of Israel, the world innovators of diamond analysing and proportion measurement systems. OGI Systems Ltd. have teamed up with the Gemmological Institute of America (GIA) to manufacture the new GIA FacetScanTM Optical Scanner for distribution through GIA's Instrument division. The laboratory now owns two of these machines. The newest high definition scanner, the Scanox is also an integral part of the laboratory. This together with the FacetScan machines give accurate and consistent results.
- Diamonds are graded against stones which have been colour graded by GIA as colour master stones. The Sarin Colibiri machine is used in conjunction with these master stones at times when the masters are either not conclusive or are too much bigger or smaller than the stone being graded..
- Another important piece of equipment is the "DiamondSure". This highly sensitive machine detects synthetic and treated diamonds.
- ADGL is committed to setting and maintaining the highest standard of ethics and professionalism. The laboratory adheres to the cut grading standards developed by the Gemmological Institute of America called GIA Facetware. The senior grader is GIA trained and has 30 years grading experience. Our other graders are either GIA or GAA trained.
- For those who have certified diamonds by Laboratories other than ADGL or GIA and you would like to see what cut grade your diamond would achieve under GIA rules please click here.
- Turnaround time is within 3 days. Shorter turnaround time may be possible depending on pressure of work.
Our Diamond Registry is a free service. Ask us how you can take advantage of it. For more information regarding this service, please click on the Certificate Validation -tab.